Who We Are
We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization incorporated as a 501 (c)(4) that works politically at the local, state and federal levels to protect animals.
Our mission is to protect animals through public policy and to support candidates who are committed to animal protection.
What We Do
We advocate for humane legislation, oppose inhumane legislation, and educate the public on issues that affect animals. Colorado Voters for Animals uses proven effective strategies to increase political relevance for animal protection in Colorado:
- lobby lawmakers to vote for humane legislation
- work to defeat inhumane legislation
- mobilize members to communicate with legislators
- utilize communications and social media to promote animal protection priorities
- send questionnaire to candidates for public office
- track and publicize legislator voting records
- endorse pro-animal candidates
- mobilize political support for endorsed candidates