Check out our awesome photo contest! Deadline to enter and vote is 8/31. Winners appear in a calendar hand-delivered to every Colorado legislator. Wouldn't it be nice for animals to be on the walls at the capitol?!
Who We Are
Our mission is to protect animals through public policy and to support candidates who are committed to animal protection. We advocate for humane legislation, oppose inhumane legislation, and educate the public on issues that affect animals. We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization incorporated as a 501 (c) (4) that works politically at the state and federal level to protect animals.
What We Do
Colorado Voters for Animals uses proven effective strategies to increase political relevance for animal protection in Colorado:
- lobby lawmakers to vote for humane legislation
- work to defeat inhumane legislation
- mobilize members to communicate with legislators
- utilize communications and social media to promote animal protection priorities
- send questionnaire to candidates for public office
- track and publicize legislator voting records
- endorse pro-animal candidates
- mobilize political support for endorsed candidates